High Holy Days in Aggieland begin on October 2 with Rosh HaShannah services at Hillel. This year, Rabbi Matt Rosenberg is honored to welcome Dr. Keith Paull as our guest cantor for Rosh HaShannah and Yom Kippur services. All High Holy Day services and meals are free for students and no formal RSVP is required. Texas law is very clear about students being able to take time off from class for religious observances without negative consequence! Be sure to contact your professors early in the semester to inform them that you won’t be attending class on Rosh HaShannah and Yom Kippur. If you need Rabbi Matt to email your professor(s), please don’t hesitate to email him at email@example.com.
Here is the High Holy Day schedule for 5777 (2016):
- Sunday, October 2 – 6:30 p.m. – Erev Rosh HaShannah – services followed by dinner
- Monday, October 3 – 10 a.m. – Rosh HaShannah First Day – services followed by lunch
- Tuesday, October 4 – 10 a.m. – Rosh HaShannah Second Day – services followed by lunch
- Sunday, October 9 – 3 p.m. – Community Tashlich Service at Wolf Pen Creek Park Amphitheater Pond
- Tuesday, October 11 – 5:30 p.m. – Pre-Fast Yom Kippur Dinner
- Tuesday, October 11 – 6:30 p.m. – Kol Nidre/Erev Yom Kippur Services
- Wednesday, October 12 – 10 a.m. – Yom Kippur Morning Services
- Wednesday, October 12 – 6 p.m. – Yom Kippur Concluding Services followed by Yom Kippur Break-Fast Meal at 7:33 p.m.